The Development of Christianity
Ceremonies of Worship
Communion and The Mass
Remembering the Dead
Material Symbols, Crucifixes and Relics
Veneration of the Saints
The Presence of God in spite of Misguided Worship
Christians in Name
Agnostics and Religious Fanatics
Adulteration of the Doctrine of Jesus Christ, and its Consequences
Mistaken Evolutions and Irregularities of Christianity
1. After My departure in the Second Era, My apostles continued My work, and those who came after My apostles continued their labor. They were the new laborers, the cultivators of that great land prepared by the Lord, fertilized with his blood, his tears, and his Word, cultivated by the work of the first twelve, and also by those who followed them, but as time passed from generation to generation men Mystified or adulterated My Work and My Doctrine.
2. Who told men they could make My image? Who told them to represent Me hanging from the cross? Who told them they could make the image of Mary, the forms of angels, or the face of the Father? Oh men of little faith, who in order to feel My presence, have had to materialize the spiritual.
3. The image of the Father was Jesus, the image of the Master, his disciples. I said in the Second Era: "Who knows the son, knows the Father." That means that Christ, who spoke in Jesus, was the Father himself. Only the Father could make his own image.
4. After My death as a man, I manifested Myself alive to My apostles so they would recognize that I was life and eternity, and that in material form, or not, I was present among you. Not all men understood this, and for that reason they fell into idolatry and fanaticism. (113, 13-17)
5. I said to the woman of Samaria: Whosoever drinks of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst again. Today I say unto you: If humanity had drunk of that water, it would not bear such misery.
6. Humanity did not persevere in My teachings, but preferred to take My name to create religions according to their interpretation and convenience. I abolished traditions and taught the Doctrine of love, and today you come to Me presenting Me with vain rites and ceremonies that do nothing to benefit the spirit. If there is no spirituality in your works, there can be no truth, and what does not have truth cannot come to the Father.
7. When that Samaritan woman felt the light of My eyes penetrate the depths of her heart, she said to Me: "Sir, you Jews say that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship our God." Then I said to her: "Woman, believe Me, the hour comes when you shall neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem worship the Father as you do now. But the hour comes when the Father shall be worshiped in spirit and truth, for God is a Spirit". (John 4:19-24)
8. This is My Doctrine for all times. Observe that having the truth in front of your eyes, you have not wished to see it. How can you live it if you do not know it? (151, 2-5)
9. If you love, you will not need material worship or rituals, because you will carry the light that illuminates your inner temple, before which the waves of all the tempests that would crush at you, will be broken and the darkness of mankind will be destroyed.
10. Do not profane any longer what is Divine, for truly I say to you that the ingratitude that you demonstrate before God is too much, when you perform those external practices which you have inherited from your first brethren, and in which you have become fanaticized. (21, 13-14)
11. Behold this humanity confused, because the great religions which call themselves Christians, give more importance to what is ritualistic and external than to My own Doctrine. That word of life that I sealed with deeds of love and blood upon the cross, no longer lives within the heart of men, it is locked and silent in aged books covered with dust. And there you have a Christian humanity who does not comprehend nor has the knowledge nor knows how to imitate Christ.
12. "That is why I have few disciples during this era; those who love their brethren, those who suffer, the ones who alleviate other people's pain, those who live in virtue and practice it with their examples; those are the Disciples of Christ".
13. He who knowing My Doctrine hides it or makes it known only with his lips and not with his heart is not My disciple.
14. "I have not come during this period to seek temples made of stone to appear in them; I come seeking spirits, hearts, and not material elegance". (72, 47-50)
15. While the religions remain submerged in their dream and do not change their routine, there will be no awakening of the spirit, nor knowledge of spiritual ideals; and therefore, there cannot be peace between men, nor will charity appear; the light that resolves the great human conflicts cannot shine. (100, 38)
16. Since you have been unable to know true spiritual peace, you are satisfied with yearning about it and attempting to achieve it in numerous ways so that you can feel some degree of tranquility, satisfaction, and comfort. However, you have never been able to achieve true spiritual peace. I say to you that only when the child obeys the will of the Divine Father, will it conquer true spiritual peace.
17. There is a need in the world for those who can explain and interpret My words and teachings well. That is why humanity, even those who call themselves Christians, live in spiritual backwardness, for there is no one who can make them tremble with My true Doctrine, there is no one who can cultivate in their hearts the love with which I came to teach men.
18. Day after day, in meeting places, churches, and temples My name is pronounced and My words repeated, yet none vibrate, none tremble with the light, and it is because men have missed their meaning. The majority believe that the virtue of the Word of Christ comes from its constant automatic repetition, not understanding that it is not necessary to pronounce it, but to study, meditate on, practice, and live it.
19. If men knew how to seek the essence of the Word of Christ, each time they would find it to be new, fresh, alive, and moving. But they know it only superficially, and cannot therefore be sustained by it.
20. Poor humanity. Lost in darkness while the light is so near; crying in anguish when peace is within their grasp. Yet, they cannot see that Divine light because there have been those who pitilessly blindfolded their eyes. I love you truly and come to your aid, rescuing you from the darkness and proving to you that what I said in that Era was for all times, and that you should not consider that Divine word as an ancient doctrine and no longer relevant, because the love that was the essence of all My teachings is eternal, and in it is the secret of your salvation in this Era of confusion, immense bitterness and unbridled passions. (307, 4-8)
21. I disapprove of those preaching a blind faith, a faith that lacks knowledge, that is acquired through fear and superstitions.
22. Do not listen to the words of those who attribute to God all the adversity and hardships that humanity is experiencing the plagues, hunger, and epidemics that are occurring on earth, calling them God's punishment and wrath. Those are the false prophets.
23. Separate yourself from those, because they do not truly know Me, and want to teach mankind about God.
24. You are now suffering the consequences caused by those who have misinterpreted the scriptures from the old and new testaments. Man has not been able to correctly interpret the Divine meaning and essence of those revelations and prophecies. Many individuals speak of the end of the world, of the judgment day, death and hell without knowing any of the truth. (290, 16-19)
25. Already you are in the Third Era, and still humanity is spiritually backward. Your ministers, your theologians, and your spiritual pastors do little good, and sometimes reveal nothing of eternal life. To them also, I reveal the Mysteries of My Arcane, and I say to you: Why do they hide them? Why do they fear to waken the drowsy spirit of mankind? (245, 5)
26. My Doctrine teaches you a perfect form of worship, spiritual and pure toward the Father, for the spirit of humanity has arrived, without realizing it, at the threshold of the Lord's temple, where it will enter to feel My presence, to hear My voice through its conscience, and to see Me in the light that descends upon its minds.
27. The emptiness that men feel within their various religions in this Era is because the spirit hungers and thirsts for spirituality; rites and traditions are not enough for it. It yearns to know My truth. (138, 43-44)
28. I have never come before men hidden in Mystery. If I have spoken to you figuratively in order to reveal the Divine to you or to represent the eternal in some material form, it has been so that you would understand Me. But if men stop to worship forms, objects, or symbols instead of seeking the meaning of those teachings, it will be natural for them to remain spiritually unenlightened for centuries and to perceive all things as Mysterious.
29. From the times of Israel's stay in Egypt, when My blood was represented by that of a lamb, there have been men who only live by traditions and rituals, not understanding that such a sacrifice was an image of the blood which Christ would come to shed in order to help mankind attain spirituality. Others, believing that they are nourishing themselves with My body, eat material bread, not wanting to understand that when I gave My disciples the bread in the Communion, it was to have them understand that whoever takes the essence of My word will have taken nourishment from Me.
30. How few are those who truly know how to understand My Divine lessons. Those few are the ones who analyze them with the spirit. You need to realize that I have not brought you My Divine revelation only one time, but that I have been clarifying it with each new lesson. (36, 7-9)
31. There is joy in the hearts of these multitudes. They know that a spiritual banquet has been prepared for their spirits where the Divine Master awaits to give them the spiritual food and drink, the bread and the wine of the true life.
32. "The table where Jesus met with his disciples in that time was a symbol of the Kingdom of Heaven. The Father was surrounded by his children. There was also the feast, representing life and love. The Divine voice spoke; its essence was the universal concert, and the peace which reigned there was the peace present in the Kingdom of God".
33. "In the beginning of this period you have tried to purify yourselves thinking that the Divine Master would bring you a new testament in his words, and such is the case. Today, I allow you to remember the bread and the wine with which I represented My body and My blood, but I have also come to tell you, that in this new time you will only find that nourishment in the Divine essence of My word. If you seek My body and My blood, you must seek it in the Divine things that I have created, because I am all spirit. Eat of this bread and drink of this wine, but also fill My chalice, for I want to drink with you; I thirst for your love".
34. Take this message to your brothers and be aware of that blood, which allows you to live, is the symbol for eternal life which is true love. It is through you that I am beginning to enlighten humanity with My new revelations. (48, 22-25)
35. I bring you peace and a new teaching. If My sacrifice of the Second Era abolished the sacrifice of innocent victims whom you immolated upon the altar of Jehovah, today the sustenance of My Divine Word has made you cease to represent My body and My blood with the bread and wine of this world.
36. "Every spirit who wishes to live will have to be nourished from the Divine Spirit. He, who listens to My Word and feels it within his heart, has truly been nourished; He has not only been fed by My body and drank of My blood, but He also has taken from My Spirit to nourish himself".
37. Who, after having had a taste of this heavenly nourishment, will again seek Me in bodies and man-made forms?
38. From time to time I have come erasing traditions, rituals and forms, and I leave in your spirit only the Law and the essence of My teachings. (68, 27)
39. People: in that era, John, called also the Baptist, baptized those who believed in his prophecy with water. That act was a symbol of the purification of the original sin. To the multitudes who came to the Jordan River to hear the words of the forerunner, He said: "Here I baptize you with water, but already He is coming who shall baptize you with the fire of the Holy Spirit."
40. From that Divine fire all the spirits were born. They sprang forth pure and clean, but if on their road they have managed to stain themselves with the sin that disobedience brought with it, the fire of My Spirit will come again to pour itself over them, to destroy your sin, cleanse your stains, and return you to your original purity.
41. If that spiritual baptism, instead of being understood as the purification that men achieve through an act of true repentance before their creator, you convert into a rite, and you are satisfied with the symbolism of an act, then I tell you certainly that your spirit shall achieve nothing.
42. Who acts in this way, lives still in the times of the Baptist, and it is as though He had believed neither in his prophecies, nor in the words that He spoke about spiritual baptism: the Divine fire with which God purifies his children, and immerses them in the immortal light.
43. John called to men who were of adult age, to pour over them those waters that symbolized purification. They came to him when they were conscious of their acts and could already have the firm will to persevere in the path of good, of righteousness, and of justice. See how humanity has preferred to practice the symbolic act of purification by means of water, instead of a true regeneration through repentance and the firm purpose of reform that is born of the love for God. The ceremony implies no effort at all, in contrast, purifying the heart and struggling to remain pure means effort, watchfulness, and even sacrifice, by men. That is why men have preferred to cover their sins with appearances, settling for carrying out ceremonies, acts, and rites that do nothing to improve their moral or spiritual condition if the conscience is not involved.
44. Disciples: That is why I do not wish rites to exist among you, so that you do not, to comply with them, forget that which truly gets to the spirit. (99, 56-61)
45. I am the one who sends spirits to incarnate according to the law of evolution. And truly I say to you that it will not be the influences of this world which will make Me deviate from My Divine plans, for My Divine will shall be fulfilled in spite of mans ambition for power.
46. Every human being brings a mission to the earth. His destiny is outlined by the Father, and his spirit anointed by My charity. In vain men perform ceremonies and anoint little children. Verily I say to you, that at no material age will water be the one to purify the spirit of its shortcomings to My Law. And if I send a spirit which is free of all sin, from what blemish do religious ministers cleanses it with baptism?
47. It is time for you to understand that the origin of man is not a sin, but that his birth is the result of the fulfillment of a natural law, a law which not only man fulfills but all creatures which comprise nature. Understand that I have said man, and not his spirit. Man has My power to create beings similar to him, but spirits only emerge from Me.
48. To grow and multiply is a universal law. In the same manner that stars sprouted from other larger stars, so the human seed did multiply on earth. And never have I said that in so doing mankind has sinned or offended the Creator. Why would you be judged as sinners after fulfilling that Divine mandate? Be aware that man can never stain himself by fulfilling My law.
49. What stains man and separates the spirit from the path of evolution are his low passions, immorality, vice, and lust, for all of them go against the law.
50. Study and carefully analyze until you find the truth, and thus you will cease to call sinful the mandates of the Creator of Life. Then you will be able to bless the existence of your children with the example of your good deeds. (37, 18-23)
51. Men are conservative in their traditions and customs; it is well that they bear an indelible memory of those beings who have gone down to the tomb, and that they are attracted to the place where they have deposited their remains. Yet if they consider the real meaning of material life, they will see that on the disintegration of that body it returns atom by atom to the different realms from which it is formed, and life continues to unfold.
52. But throughout time, man, for lack of study of the spiritual, has created a chain of worship services that are fanatically materialist. They try to make the material life imperishable, and forget the spirit, who is truly the one who possesses eternal life. How far they still are from comprehending spiritual life!
53. Now you know that it serves nothing to take offerings to those places where a headstone that says "Died," should say, "Disintegration and Life," for there Nature is in open flower, there is the earth that is the fertile and inexhaustible bosom of creatures and species.
54. When these lessons are understood, humanity will know how to give the material its place, and the Divine its own. That is when the cult of idolatry of one's ancestors will disappear.
55. Man must recognize and love his Creator, from spirit to Spirit.
56. Those altars are black crepe, and the tombs are a proof of ignorance and idolatry. I pardon all your faults, but truly, I must awaken you. My teaching will be understood, and the time will come when men change the material offerings for elevated thoughts. (245, 16-21)
57. In the First Era you knew the symbols, the tabernacle, or sanctuary where the arc containing tablets of the law was kept. When those symbols had fulfilled their mission, My will erased them from the earth, it hid them from the sight of men so that the world would not fall into idolatry, but the meaning or essence of those lessons I left engraved in the conscience of My servants.
58. In the Second Era, when the sacrifice of Christ had been consummated, I made the greatest symbol of Christianity disappear: the cross, together with the crown [of thorns], the chalice, and all that might have been the object of fanatical adoration by humanity. (138, 36)
59. Humanity saw Jesus suffer and His teachings and testimonies are believed by you. Why continue crucifying Him in your sculptures? Are the centuries not enough that you must keep on exhibiting Him as the victim of your wickedness?
60. Instead of remembering Me in the torments and agony of Jesus, why do you not recall My resurrection, full of light and glory?
61. Sometimes, while seeing your idols representing Me in the form of Jesus upon the cross, there are some who have thought him to be a man weak, coward or timid, without realizing that I am Spirit and I came to endure what you call a sacrifice but which I call an obligation of love, as an example for all mankind.
62. "If you meditate in the fact that I was One with the Father, remember that there were no weapons, or forces or torture that would have made Me yield; but if as Man I suffered, bled and died, it was to give you My sublime example of humility".
63. Men have not understood the greatness of that lesson, and everywhere they raise up the image of the crucified One, that represents a disgrace for this humanity, who without love or respect for the One whom they say they love, continues to crucify and offend Him daily injuring the heart of their brethren, for whom the Master gave His life. (21, 15-19)
64. If you were to remove all the crosses from earth that symbolize your Christian faith, and instead truly love one another, I would not find fault with that. Your faith and worship would then be spiritual rather than external. That is what I await from mankind.
65. If only your form of worship and symbols had the strength to prevent wars and addictions to vices, you would live in peace! Behold how you lack respect for those things that are sacred and Divine.
66. Once again I tell you that it would be better if there were not a single temple, altar, symbol, or religious image throughout the world. Instead, you need to pray with your spirit, to love your Father, to believe in him without the need of symbols, and to love one another as I have taught you in My doctrine. Then you would be saved and would be following the path that My footprints traced with My blood, footprints that sealed the truth of My teachings. (280, 69-70)
67. I give you these lessons because you have converted the spirits of many of the just into divinities, who you beg from and adore as if they were gods. Oh humanity, such ignorance! How can men judge the sanctity and perfection of a spirit by just its human works?
68. I am the first to tell you to imitate the good examples that your brothers have written with their works, their lives, and their virtue, and I tell you also that upon remembering them, to hope for their spiritual help and influence; but why raise altars that serve only to offend the humility of those spirits? Why create cults around their memories, as if they were the Divinity, putting them in place of the Father, whom you forget in order to adore your brothers? How painful the glory you give them here has been for them.
69. What does humanity know about My judgment of those who you call saints? What do they know of the spiritual life of those beings, or of the place that each one has achieved before the Lord?
70. Let none think that with these revelations I come to erase from your hearts the merit that My servants have gained among humanity, on the contrary; I want you to know that the grace that they have found before Me is great, and much have I conceded to you for their prayers; but it is necessary that you destroy your ignorance, from which religious fanaticism, idolatry, and superstition come.
71. If you feel that the spirits of those beings float over your lives, trust those who are part of the spiritual world, so that they and you, united in the way of the Lord, consummate the work of spiritual fraternity, the work that I await as the result of all My teachings. (115, 52-56)
72. Today, when the crowds run in a fuss to their churches to celebrate the moment in which the glory opened up to receive Me, I tell you, that is only a tradition to impress the hearts of humanity. They are merely rites that today make My Divine passion a material event.
73. You are not to follow that tendency, erecting altars and symbols; not to make representations of sacred events, nor use special clothing to distinguish yourselves, for all of that is idolatrous worship.
74. Invoke Me in your hearts, remember My teachings, and imitate My examples. Offer Me the tribute of your reform, and you shall feel how the doors of glory open to receive you.
75. Flee from the false and profane representations that are made of Me and of My passion, for none can represent Me. Live My examples and teachings; any who do so, will have represented their Master on earth. (131, 11-13 and 16)
76. Humanity: During these days when you celebrate the birth of Jesus you allow your heart to feel peace. You are as a family that is living in harmony and joy.
77. I am aware that not all individuals are sincerely happy as they remember My arrival on earth during the Second Era, as there are only a few who truly meditate and spiritually rejoice remembering My arrival.
78. Today, as in the past Eras, man celebrates the birth of Jesus with festivities and rituals, but they lack spirituality. These festivities only satisfy man's material and sensual pleasures but do not offer him true spiritual joy.
79. If man was to spiritually meditate on My great love for mankind as evidenced by My coming to earth to live among humanity during the Second Era, truly I say that you would develop great faith. That great faith would guide you toward Me. Your spirit would develop great virtue and kindness, allowing you to offer great charity, comfort, and tenderness to all the needy along your path. You would perceive each human being as your true brother and would forgive those who offend you. You would sincerely feel compassion for all those you meet along your path who are lonely and for children without parents and who lack love and a true home. You would remember those nations that are without peace because war has destroyed all the good, noble, and sacred things that are found in life. You would then elevate a pure and sincere prayer and ask Me: "Lord, what right do we have to live in peace, while so many of our brethren are suffering greatly?"
80. My response would be the following: Now that you have felt the pain of your brethren, have been charitable with them, and have prayed for them, you may gather with your loved ones in your home and enjoy this holy moment because I am now with you. I will be present in your home. Do not be afraid of feeling joy even though you know that many of your brethren are now suffering. Truly I tell you that if you truly feel compassion for those who are suffering, they will feel the peace, hope, and love that you feel for them.
81. No one should think that I no longer want you to celebrate the birth of Jesus, the most important and holiest event of the year. I only come to teach you to give to the world what belongs to the world and to give to the spirit what belongs to the spirit. Man celebrates many of his worldly accomplishments in an unspiritual manner; therefore, why not allow his spirit to celebrate the birth of Jesus? This will allow your spirit to come before Me, like a small child, to present its gift of love, as it learns to worship Me in the same simple manner as did the shepherds during the Second Era and with the same humility the wise men offered Me when they presented Me their gifts.
82. I have not come to limit the joy that men feel during these days. Although celebrating the birth of the Savior has become a strong tradition, man also feels My charity that touches him, My light that enlightens him, and My love that surrounds him. His heart becomes filled with great hope, joy, and tenderness. Although He is inspired to perform deeds of love and charity, with his brethren, He does not always choose to carry out those pure and elevated deeds; instead, He chooses to please himself through the material pleasures of this world. He does not allow his spirit to attain purification, salvation, and spiritual enlightenment by practicing elevated deeds. The Savior came to earth during the Second Era to offer salvation to your spirit, and He presents himself eternally along your path in life to help you resurrect spiritually. (299, 43-48)
83. Since man is in material form, He must seek Me through material worship, and as He does not keep his spiritual eyes open, He must forge My image in order to see Me. Because He is not spiritually sensitized, He always demands material miracles and evidence to believe in My existence, and places conditions on serving Me, on loving Me; and in exchange for all I give him, He gives Me something. And so I see all the churches, all the religions, and all the sects that men have created on the face of the earth; they are enveloped in materialism, fanaticism, and idolatry, as well as Mystification, falsification, and profanation.
84. What do I accept from them? Only their intentions. What, from all of this, arrives to Me? The spiritual or physical needs of My children, their ounce of love, their need for light. That is what arrives to Me, but I am with all. I do not contemplate churches, nor forms, nor rites. I come to all My children equally. I receive their spirit in prayer. I draw to embrace them, so that they feel My warmth, and that warmth is the stimulus and encouragement in their road of vicissitudes and trials. But just because I know how to receive the good intentions of humanity, I will not let them remain forever in darkness, enveloped in their idolatry and fanaticism.
85. I want man to wake up, his spirit to ascend to Me, and that in his ascension He can behold the true splendor of the Father, forgetting the false splendors of the liturgies and rites. I want him upon achieving his true ascension to be regenerated and emancipated from his human miseries, and able to dominate materialism, passions, and vicissitudes, finding himself, so that He never says to the Father that He is a vile worm, and knows that the Father created him in his image and semblance. (360, 14-16)
86. Many religions exist on earth, and the majorities are based on faith in Christ, but they do not love one another, nor even recognize each other as disciples of the Divine Master.
87. Do you not believe that if any of them had understood My Doctrine, they would have practiced it by bringing reconciliation and peace to the people? But it has not been thus. All of them have remained distanced from one another, distancing and dividing men spiritually so that they see each other as enemies or strangers. Each seeks means and arguments to demonstrate to the rest that He is the possessor of truth and that the others are wrong; but none have the strength or courage to struggle for the unification of all, nor do they have the good faith to discover that in each belief and in each cult exists something of truth. (326, 19-20)
1. The greatest part of humanity calls itself Christian, but the Master says to you: If you were really Christians, you would already have conquered the rest of mankind with your love, humility, and peace; however, My doctrine, left you in the Second Era, is not held in the hearts of humanity, it does not palpitate nor flower in the works of men, but is guarded in dusty books, and I have not come to talk about those books.
2. In place of a book I brought you My life, My word, My works, and My passion and death as a man, and that is the reason that the greater part of humanity, while calling itself Christian, has neither the peace nor the grace of Christ: because they do not imitate him, and because they do not practice his Doctrine. (316, 5)
3. Listen to Me, O disciples, so that you will erase from your mind ancient beliefs. Christianity was divided into sects which do not show love among themselves, which humiliate, reject and threaten their brethren with false judgments. I say to you that they are Christians without love; therefore, they are not Christians, because Christ is love.
4. There are those who represent Jehovah as an oldster, full of human imperfections, vengeful, cruel and more dreadful than the worst of your judges of earth.
5. I do not say this so that you will ridicule anyone, but that your concept of the Divine love be purified. Today you are unaware of how you worshiped Me in your past. (22, 33-35)
6. How is it possible that the people who call themselves Christians destroy each other through war and even pray before going to kill their brethren, asking Me to give them victory over their enemies? Is it possible that My seed can exist where instead of love hatred prevails, and instead of forgiveness, vengeance? (67, 28)
7. To all men of different beliefs and religions I say to them that they have not known how to situate the worldly riches in order to rightfully place that which corresponds to those of the spirit. If they were complying with My laws, they would already be contemplating the silhouette of the Promised Land from here and hearing the echo of the voices of its dwellers.
8. "You say that you believe in My existence and have faith in My Divinity; you also say that My will be done and truly I say to you: How meager is your faith and your conformity to what I have disposed! However, I have been encouraging within you a true faith so that you may be strong along the path I have outlined for you". (70, 12-13)
9. Today I do not come to ask you for blood, nor that you sacrifice your life; what I ask of you is love, sincerity, truth, and unselfishness.
10. Thus I indoctrinate and teach you, preparing thereby the disciples of My Divinity in this Third Era; for I see you watching the march of the world indifferently, and this is because you do not know how to enter the hearts of humanity where there is so much misery and pain.
11. There is great inequality, for I see lords who lack only a crown to call themselves kings, and I see subjects who are truly slaves. That is where the struggle has been ignited. Among these wealthy lords in the world there are many who call themselves Christians, yet I tell you that they barely know My name.
12. Those who do not see their fellow man in others, who accumulate wealth and take that which belongs to others, are not Christians, for they do not know charity.
13. The struggle between the spiritual and the material shall come. Humanity will enter that struggle, but, oh, how much bitterness they will have to suffer for the triumph of justice to arrive! (222, 43-45)
14. I tell you, it is better to be full of uncertainties and denials than full of false affirmations or lies that you pass for truth. It is better to make a sincere denial that is born of doubt or ignorance than a hypocritical affirmation of a falsehood. Clean doubt, which hungers for understanding, is better than a firm belief in any Myth. Desperate uncertainty that shouts for light is better than fanatical resolution or idolatry.
15. Today nonbelievers, the untrusting, and the embittered abound everywhere. They are rebels who many times see more clearly than others, and who do not sympathize with the ritualism, nor are they convinced by the affirmations of those who lead mankind spiritually; for all of those complicated theories do not fill the heart that thirsts for pure waters to calm their anguish.
16. Those you judge rebels often show more light in their questions than those who, believing themselves wise or great, answer them. They feel, see, touch, hear, and understand with more clarity than many who call themselves masters of the Divine lessons. (248, 12)
17. Oh, how transparent and simple the truth is! How clear and simple spirituality is! Nonetheless, they are difficult to comprehend for He who remains obstinately in the darkness of his fanaticism and traditions. His mind cannot conceive that there is something beyond what He knows, and his heart resists renouncing what for him has been his God and Law: Tradition and rites.
18. Do you think that I abhor those who insist on not seeing My truth? No, My children, My charity is infinite, and it is precisely those I seek, to help them escape from their captivity so they may feel the ecstasy of seeing the light. To them are reserved the trials necessary to awaken their faith. They are not trials superior to their strength; they are lessons wisely appropriate to each spirit, each life, and each man.
19. It is from among these darkened minds, from among the hearts sick with religious fanaticism and ignorance that you see the great fervent soldiers of the truth arise, for the day that they are freed from their chains and their darkness, and see the light, they cannot contain their joy, and shout with all their might that I have come to save the world raising it to the true Kingdom on the spiritual ladder. (318, 48-50)
20. I give you My word with the same essence with which I spoke to you in the Second Era, and I have come to remind you of many of My teachings that you had forgotten, or from which you had withdrawn, due to erroneous interpretations of your predecessors.
21. You had complied badly with My Doctrine to such an extent that I can say that you had created a path completely different than mine, but to which you applied the same name. No one but I could draw you away from your error with words of life, love and truth.
22. That is why today when you are listening to Me, analyze and comprehend My Word and there will be light within you. This is the time when I come to tell you with all clearness that the reincarnation of the spirit exists, that it is so since the beginning of humanity, like a light of justice and Divine love, without which you would be unable to evolve along the extensive road of spiritual perfection. (66, 63-65)
23. There is really little that the religions have revealed to humanity about the spirit, but soon they shall awaken from their lethargy, and blessed will be those who overcoming their scruples and fears, uncover for humanity the truth they have concealed. I will illuminate them with the light of My forgiveness, of My grace, and My wisdom.
24. When humanity recognizes that religions do not exist only so that men live morally on earth, but also have the mission of leading the spirit to its eternal dwelling place, humanity will have taken a step forward on the path of its spiritual evolution. (109, 15-16)
25. After I came to earth through Jesus in the Second Era, I continued to sent others to earth who were My apostles and soldiers to confirm My doctrine with their deeds and to prevent humanity from distorting My teachings. However, many spiritually deaf and blind have misinterpreted My Word, disagreeing with each other and creating different sects. If mankind is spiritually divided, how can man love one another, which is the main precept of My Law?
26. That is why I say to you, that this civilization is one in appearance only, for men themselves destroy it. As long as humanity does not construct a world on the foundations of My law of justice and love, they cannot have the peace and light of the spirit upon whose virtues they might forge and create a world of true elevation, in the spirit, just as in science and morality. (192, 17)
27. Only regeneration and the ideal of perfection will enable you to return to the path of truth.
28. Those who regarding themselves as interpreters of the Law of God will tell you that infernal suffering awaits your perversity and rebelliousness, and that only by demonstrating your repentance, mortifying and injuring your bodies and rendering to God material offerings, will He forgive you and guide you to His Kingdom; in truth I say that they are in confusion.
29. Where will you go, O humanity, guided by those whom you admire as great teachers of the holy revelations and whom I see as confused? That is why I come to save you with the light of this Doctrine, which will allow you to evolve along the path of My love. (24, 46-47)
30. The true essence of My teaching has been hidden by men to show you a Christ that does not even resemble Him, who came to die so that you might live.
31. Today you are living with the results of your distancing from the Master who came to teach you. You are surrounded by an atmosphere of pain, your smallness depresses you and your ignorance torments you, but the time has come when the hidden powers and gifts of mankind awaken, announcing like heralds that the new Era has arrived.
32. The religions, science, and the justice of men will try to impede the advance of what to them will be a strange and evil influence, but there will be no power that can stop the awakening and advancement of the spirit. The day of liberation is near. (114, 5-8)
33. Those who say they know Me have represented Me poorly on earth, and that is why many have turned their backs on Me.
34. I will not call to account those who call themselves atheists for having expelled Me from their hearts, but rather those who, adulterating the truth, have shown them a God that many cannot accept.
35. All that is just, healthy, and good contains truth, which is what I have proclaimed throughout all time.
36. The hour has arrived when you must return to loving the truth, that is, return to recognizing the just and the good, since having been born of Me, you must aspire to the elevated, the eternal, and the pure. (125, 22-24)
37. Yes, Israel, the heart has always searched for material objects to adore; the ear has also enjoyed flowery words; for this reason, what I gave you in the Second Era as the Christian Doctrine, man has modified to make of it a religion.
38. Selfishness, greed, and vanity have always awoken in the human heart, and have become kings and lords, making the people bow before them as vassals or slaves, chaining them with sin, and leading them into darkness, disorientation, and confusion. (363, 36)
39. The theologians of this time will come to scrutinize My word and the new scriptures, and ask, "Who are you that speaks this way?" Just as the scribes and Pharisees rose up in that time, asking Me: "Who are you, who comes to ignore and change the Law of Moses?" Then I shall make them understand that the three revelations are the only Law that I have always come to teach and to fulfill.
40. Many of those who judge Me at this stage are from among those who doubted in the Second Era, but I have kept them and sent them again to earth to behold the triumph of My Law and to open their eyes to the light. (234, 46-47)
41. A great part of humanity calls itself Christian, without knowing the meaning of the word Christ, and without knowing his Doctrine.
42. What did you do with My Word, My examples, and with My Doctrine that I gave to you in that time?
43. Are you currently more evolved than the men of that era? Why do you not show it with the works of your spirit? Do you think that this life is eternal, or that you need evolve only through human science?
44. I have come to teach you the true fulfillment of the Law, so that you may convert this world into a great temple where the true God will be adored, and where the life of man is a constant offering of love to his Father, whom He must love in each one of his fellows, giving tribute thereby to his Creator and Master.
45. And now that I have returned to mankind, what do I find? Lies and selfishness have replaced truth and charity; arrogance and vanity in place of meekness and humility; idolatry, fanaticism, and ignorance instead of light, elevation, and spirituality; profit and profanation where only piety and righteousness should be; hatred and war unleashed among brothers have been substituted for peace and love.
46. But I shall come to My temple to expel from it the merchants, just as I did in the Second Era from the temple of Jerusalem, and once again I shall say unto them: "Do not make this house of prayer into a market." I shall teach men so that each one of them knows how to officiate at the true altar, so that they are no longer confused and lost in ignorance due to the misinterpretations they give to My Law. (154, 15-20)
47. Not all who have tried to follow Me have imitated My example, or that of My apostles. Many have become lords instead of servants; they have filled their hearts with superiority and pride and have pursued only riches, pomp, and honors, forgetting the necessities of the poor, and being indifferent and insensitive to the misery and suffering of others. That is why men go from one religion to another in search of truth. That is the origin of the spiritual need they feel to create new sects in order to seek Me freely.
48. Those seen yesterday as saints and demigods are today unknown by a disillusioned humanity.
49. Men stop going in search of a confessor to absolve them of their faults, because they find it undignified. And the threat of hell and its eternal fire no longer impresses or frightens the heart of the sinner.
50. Taking advantage of that spiritual disorientation, the wolf watches from the brush.
51. Every minister and every representative of My Divinity has the mission of making peace between men, and what I find them doing today is the contrary. Each one believes himself to be first; each wants to be the strongest, forgetting that the only strong one is I, who am in everyone.
52. Now you can explain to yourselves why in the Second Era I promised to return. Now you can understand why I have come to teach you again. For only My word can remove the blindfold of darkness of the spirit, only My love is capable of redeeming your sins. (230, 23-28)
53. Over the great faults and errors that have been made in My Law, there shall be My justice; not a single fault will remain uncorrected by the perfect Master. Do not be confused: correct yourselves rather than judge. Understand, I never punish you, you punish yourselves.
54. I give light to He who has sinned through ignorance, and who has sinned knowingly I move toward repentance, so that both, filled with the strength of My forgiveness arise to repair the wrong done; this is the only way to come to Me.
55. Think in all of this, you ministers who lead men by the different paths of the religions. Pray, and lead yours toward spirituality. It is time already for you to repent of your errors, for you to initiate a battle against human materialism, which is the death and darkness for the spirit. For this you must use My truth; wield My word like a weapon, and live in My teachings.
56. I do not prefer one religion or another; It is not I, but you, who must be on My side, for if you do so, you will have succeeded in uniting all in the spirit. (162, 27-30)
57. My doctrine, full of spirituality, will germinate in the hearts of this people (the Mexican audience) to give future fruits of truth and life. My word will extend across the earth and will leave no place unpurified, without light, or unjudged.
58. Then the peoples will begin to awaken to the spiritual life, to what is true and eternal, destroying the externalities and materialism of the different cults, to content themselves with seeking the essence of My Law.
59. Humanity will see the strength that spirituality gives, and turn their gaze from that which held them for centuries and centuries.
60. What does it profit that the symbol of Christianity, the cross, is found upon millions on the earth, if men are not of good will, and if they do not love one another.
61. The outward already has no power over men. There is no respect, nor faith, nor sorrow at having offended. That is why I say that symbols and forms will disappear, because their time has passed, and it will be interior worship that rises man to the light, elevates him, and leads him to Me. (280, 63-67)